Zenbird to host online event “Cultivating well-being through zen practice”
- On 2022年3月14日
- community, event, loneliness, meditation, Nagano, Online Event, strengthen focus, well being, zen practice, Zenbird
Zenbird aims to connect with readers and be a helpful platform for them to live better, more enriched lives through the community. We plan to offer opportunities to deepen understanding and experience sustainable ideas that are unique to Japan.
In that regard, our first media event is coming up on March 24. This online event focuses on exploring ways to cultivate participants’ well-being through Zen practice. With you, we want to rediscover Japan’s centuries-old, fascinating “way of living.” The findings can teach us how to better take care of ourselves and cope with loneliness as well.
We will welcome Dorothee Eshin Takatsu, an ordained Zen priest, as a guest speaker to guide us. Eshin operates a Zen retreat center in Suzaka, Nagano Prefecture. She will share her perspective and offer guidance on the practices of Japanese Zen. Eshin points out that “Meditation alone can be difficult and people joining one’s spiritual path give a lot of strength.” We hope you will be feeling more empowered to continue your journey when you leave this event.
Dorothee Eshin Takatsu
An ordained Zen priest of the Rinzai tradition. Operates a zen-do (dojo) called Horakuan out of her small traditional farmhouse and welcomes anyone interested in learning about Zen. Born in Germany and has lived in Japan since 1982.
Participants will take away:
– Basic knowledge of Zen and related terminology
– Zen mind building strategies
– Tools to navigate emotions and strengthen focus
– Answers to your questions regarding Zen
Who this is recommended for
– Anyone who is interested in learning about Zen
– Zen beginners and experienced practitioners
– Anyone seeking connection through communal learning
Event program (Tentative)
“Cultivating well-being through Zen practice” (70 min.)
- Opening (5 min.)
- Lecture – Zen and integration of its practices into one’s well-being (30min.)
- Q and A session (15 min.)
- Brief Zen-related activity (15 min.)
- Closing (5 min.)
Event date: March 24, 2022
Time: 10:00 am – 11:10 am (JST – GMT+9)
Ticket fee: 1,000 yen
Venue: Online (through the Zoom link provided.)
Max. number of participants: 30
Register: Through Peatix
Host: Zenbird Media
– We will open the Zoom room at 9:55 am JST. Please click the Zoom link to enter the room.
– Please have your microphone on mute during the lecture.
– Please be aware that we will video record the event. Feel free to turn off your camera if you feel uncomfortable being recorded. The recorded video will be edited and streamed on YouTube.
– We cannot refund the ticket fee after the payment process has been completed.
– We recommend you prepare a piece of paper, a pencil and a compass and/or a ruler (If no compass is available a cup or anything to draw a circle is fine) nearby for an activity during the event.