We aim to achieve sustainable growth by developing a regenerative business model that creates positive impact on people and the planet. Specifically, we are implementing the following actions.
You visit. We donate.
UU Fund is a charity program that we donate 0.1 yen per 1 UU (a unique user who visits our websites) to local NPOs. This program was launched with the hope that we want to create a mechanism of “the more we get readers, the better the future of people and the planet will be.” UU also means we want to connect You (readers) and You ( non-profits ). Through UU Fund, our readers can automatically contribute to local communities just by reading our articles. We carefully choose non-profit organizations to donate, based on discussions in editorial teams.
Donation record in the fiscal year 2021
The total number of organizations
The total amount of donation
Donated organizations in the fiscal year 2021
- Social Innovation and Investment Foundation
- Tsukuroi Tokyo Fund (Tokyo Umbrella Foundation)
- Japan Succession Donation Association
- Peace Boat Disaster Relief (PBV)
- Japan Center for NPO Evaluation
- (General Incorporated Association) More Trees
- Town of Sakai, Ibaraki Prefecture
- Action Port Yokohama
- Specified Nonprofit Organization Accept International
- NPO Support Center
- Cross Base
- International Children Friendship Association
- NPO International Association for Restoration of Native Forest
- DAREDEMO HERO
- Ecotourism Japan
- Japan Fundraising Association
- NPO Bridge for Smile
- MOTTAINAI JAPAN
- Japanese Organization for International Cooperation in Family Planning (JOICFP)
- Youth Welfare Center
- WWF Japan
- Chance for Children
- Japan Environmental Education Forum
- Mirai Fund Okinawa
- Japan Braille Library
- The Center of the Tokyo Raids and War Damage
- Kamonohashi Project
- AAR Japan
- Rescued cat café Tamayura
- Mikasa City, Hokkaido Prefecture
(Listed in random order)
DAREDEMO HERO is a non-profit organization on the island of Cebu in the Philippines that provides educational opportunities to children who aspire to achieve their dreams and work hard despite poverty, with the theme of “nurturing future leaders from the poor in Cebu. The Learning Center building was completely destroyed by the typhoon that hit Cebu at the end of 2021, and there was no way to reopen it. Because of our donation, the Learning Center was rebuilt and new desks, chairs, notebooks, etc. were purchased. The children now have a place where they can study.
Rescued cat café Tamayura
Rescued cat café Tamayura is a cat café located a minute’s walk from Ningyocho Station, one of the stations closest to our Tokyo office. Waiting to meet their foster parents are cats that have been rescued from Mikurashima Island in the Izu Islands. On Mikurashima Island, it is estimated that each cat introduced by humans released into the wild preys on an average of 313 long-eared owls per year*. Therefore, protecting one cat also means protecting the lives of many birds at the same time. All donations from our company are used to cover the medical expenses for the cats at Tamayura.
*Data cited: Large-scale breeding site of the semi-endangered Great Crested Grebe is in danger: Predation by Northern Cats on Mikurashima Island, Izu Islands revealed | Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute (in Japanese)
|The total number of organizations||27||38|
|The total amount of donation||1,452,378 yen||2,236,674 yen|
We use ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) investing methodologies as editorial principles and make an editorial judgement based on the following guidelines. They help us determine if we could publish articles or not. By harnessing the power of media, we support businesses and individuals who try to make a positive impact on people and the planet.
- Positive screening: Proactively publish information on ESG-advanced companies and organizations.
- Negative screening: Do not publish articles about companies and organizations that are not ESG-friendly.
- ESG integration: ESG factors will be taken into consideration when deciding whether to publish articles.
- Theme investment: Proactively support companies and organizations involved in specific themes (circular economy).
- Impact investment: Proactively support companies and organizations that aim to create social impact.
- Engagement: Engage in dialogue with clients and advertisers to strengthen ESG.
- Transition: To support the transition of clients and advertisers toward ESG enhancement.