Harch Europe’s “Sustainable City Guidebook” is now on sale!
- On 2023年4月3日
- Amsterdam, Europe, France, Harch Europe, London, Paris, sustainability, Sustainable City Guidebook, the Netherlands, United Kingdom
Harch Europe, a business organization run by Harch members residing in Europe, has started selling the Sustainable City Guidebook, which introduces attractive sustainable spots in Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
As it has become easier to travel abroad in recent years, many people may be considering business trips or trips to Europe. If you are visiting there, you may want to see firsthand the much-talked-about sustainable facilities.
Hach Europe has been providing information on sustainable activities in various European countries and cities, such as “Europe News” on IDEAS FOR GOOD. Hach Europe members living in Amsterdam, London, and Paris have carefully selected local sustainable spots and created 3 guidebooks. The guidebooks introduce a variety of hot restaurants, hotels, department stores, and museums. By reading the guidebooks for your destination, you will be able to check out the hottest local spots at once.
In addition to featuring sustainable spots, the guidebook also includes columns on local life, recommended transportation, and suburban cities to check out. This guidebook is not only a travel companion for those who are actually going on a trip to the region, but also a guide for those who do not plan to visit the region to fully experience the atmosphere and attractions of the region.
Composition of the Guidebook
Contents (for each city)
- Our pick of 20 sustainable spots
- 2 columns on local city tours
- A colunm on recommendations for sustainable transportation
- A column on suburban cities recommended for a day trip
- Google Maps with all sustainable spots available for download
Examples of spots featured
- Galleries where you can see the latest circular products and designs
- Circular economy awareness facilities that support the lives of citizens
- Zero-waste restaurants
- Co-working spaces that generate as little waste as possible
- Bulk stores to reduce plastic waste
- Department stores with a circular economy floor
Guidebook Sample Pages
1. The latest sustainable spots carefully selected by the IDEAS FOR GOOD editorial staff who live in the area
The guidebook features carefully selected sustainable spots that were actually experienced by local members of the IDEAS FOR GOOD and Circular Economy Hub editorial staff, who routinely gather information on sustainability from around the world. This section summarizes the unique points of facilities and organizations as seen from the editorial team’s point of view.
2. 20 newest spots in each city
A total of 20 spots are featured from each city. A wide range of hotels, restaurants, department stores, and souvenir shops are listed. You can also download Google Maps data with all the locations registered, so you can check the map and stop by nearby spots even when you have a little free time.
3. 2 columns for getting to know each city
Two columns written from locals’ perspective, including hints for sustainable living found in actual local life and discussions about sustainability that are hot topics in the area. Once you understand the locals’ perspective, you will be able to enjoy the city differently.
4. Recommended means of transportation and suburban cities that can be visited in a day trip
Different cities have different means of transportation. By using the vehicles that local people use on a daily basis, you will be able to tour the city from a perspective closer to that of the people living there. The guidebook also introduces suburban cities that can be visited in a day trip. The guidebook is full of information that cannot be found in other guidebooks.
- Author: Harch Europe (IDEAS FOR GOOD and Circular Economy Hub editorial staff)
- Price: 2,200 yen (tax included)
- Publication date: April 3, 2023
- Language: Japanese
- Format: Digital (PDF format)
- Number of pages: A4 21 pages / each city
- Where to purchase: https://bdl.ideasforgood.jp/product/sustainable-city-guide/ (in Japanese)
From the members of Hach Europe, who were involved in writing and editing
Amsterdam, London, and Paris are cities that have each promoted unique initiatives regarding sustainability and the circular economy. In this issue, we have included not only places that are often mentioned in the media, but also places that have become our favorites because we live there, such as “places that have taken root in our daily lives, but are still sustainable when we think back on them” and “places that are not only sustainable, but where we enjoyed the experience itself.” We hope that visitors will be inspired and enriched by their stay in Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
We also hope that many people interested in initiatives in Amsterdam, London, and Paris will pick up a copy.
[Reference] Now it’s time to go to Europe! How will you get around? The Sustainable Cities Guidebook, supervised by the editorial department, is now on sale. | IDEAS FOR GOOD (in Japanese)
[Related Article] Beyond Circularity2023 European Circular Economy Tour of the United Kingdom, France, and the Netherlands | IDEAS FOR GOOD (in Japanese)