YOKOHAMA CIRCULAR DESIGN MUSEUM exhibits at Lumine Yokohama
- On 2022年12月26日
- Circular Yokohama, event, LOCAL GOOD YOKOHAMA, Lumine Yokohama, SDGs, sustainability, workshop, YOKOHAMA CIRCULAR DESIGN MUSEUM
Circular Yokohama, Harch’s online platform promoting the acceleration of a circular economy in Yokohama city, will be holding a mobile museum, YOKOHAMA CIRCULAR DESIGN MUSEUM. It will exhibit from 10-13 January at Lumine Yokohama, displaying various products linked with Yokohama’s circular economy.
This comes together with the collaboration with LOCAL GOOD YOKOHAMA, an organization promoting circular lifestyles through social good, to hold the “LOCAL GOOD DAY!” event. LOCAL GOOD YOKOHAMA will also be conducting a workshop on the 14th and 15th.
The YOKOHAMA CIRCULAR DESIGN MUSEUM will curate products and services so that visitors can experience a circular lifestyle in a fun manner, against the rigid impression that most have of a circular economy. The museum is thus designed to allow visitors to discover the charms of Yokohama, its efforts in circularity, and the products that create a better society and environment.
Visitors can expect to see a number of brands, including the ocean plastic upcycling brand buøy, Coco&K. products upcycled from discarded aluminum juice packages, Craft Beer Paper made from waste malt lees, and exciting new service slated to begin in January, 5%Garden, which circulates with waste plants.
Details of YOKOHAMA CIRCULAR DESIGN MUSEUM:
- Period: 10 January 2023 (Tuesday) to 13 January 2023 (Friday)
- Duration: 10 am to 9 pm
- Location: Lumine Yokohama B2F Event Space (Directly connected to the east exit of Yokohama Station) (Google Map)
- Organizer: Circular Yokohama (Harch Co. Ltd.) and LOCAL GOOD YOKOHAMA (Yokohama Community Design Lab)
For interested individuals, there will be three workshops available on the 14th and 15th (conducted in Japanese.) The workshops include:
- Creating an upcycled snow dome.
- LOCAL GOOD VR YOKOHAMA experience.
- Creating a visualization map of Yokohama 100 years later.
The tickets and details can be found on PEATIX. (in Japanese)
Circular Yokohama advocates “Circular Economy Plus” under the agreement with City of Yokohama and other two organizations as a new socio-economic model, focusing on Planet, Profit, and People through, but not limited to, the circulation of resources and products, by developing sustainable community development activities.