- On 2021年10月7日
- Amsterdam, Circular Economy, Circular Economy Hub, Content collaboration, Metabolic, Netherlands
Harch handles website projects with the concept of “Publishing a better future.” Among them, Circular Economy Hub, is our specialized platform focused on the circular economy.* We have recently started content collaboration with Metabolic, an Amsterdam, Netherlands based thinktank that provides specialized consulting about the circular economy. This is with the aim of delivering readers various perspectives in addition to introducing more cutting-edge examples of circular economy efforts from overseas.
* The circular economy is a new form of economic system in which produces and services are designed to not contribute to waste or pollution, and in which raw materials and products are restored in the natural system by continuing to use them as long as possible.
Background of partnership start and the future
In various parts of the world, such as the Netherlands, numerous cutting-edge examples and knowledge from circular cities and circular projects are being born. On the other hand, that information is mainly spreading in English and is currently not circulating very much in Japan. Against this backdrop, we reached this contents collaboration with Metabolic to provide Japanese readers with higher quality and advanced knowledge from overseas, as well as to further spread information that can be referenced for the domestic shift to a circular economy. From now on, we will be regularly translating English articles published on Metabolic’s website and posting them in Japanese on Circular Economy Hub for Japanese readers.
Articles contents summary
- The latest information on the shift to circular cities overseas
- Relationship with Metabolic, insights and knowledge gained from surveys and research
- The latest overseas case studies, etc.
Posted article examples
- Metabolic’s CE forefront: Organic farming vs regenerative farming
- Metabolic’s CE forefront: Let’s look at Amsterdam with its advanced food system and travel to the future in 2050
Metabolic company profile
Company name: Metabolic
Established: June 2012
Founder and CEO: Eva Gladek
Metabolic is based in Amsterdam in the Netherlands. They are a consulting company that supports municipalities, companies, and NGOs shifting from design to a circular economy with regenerative activities. Metabolic has drawn up strategies for improving circularity through unique material flows, analysis and knowledge. They have carried out over 300 projects that shine with creativity. In addition to advancing strategies for the circular economy in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, they have also driven circular economies not only in Europe but also in America, Singapore and Taiwan. They boast analytical skills and results that have been highly evaluated internationally, such as joint research with international organizations, including the WWF.
Name: Circular Economy Hub
Launched: March 20th, 2020
Service summary: Posting about the latest trends in circular economies in Japan and overseas, holding study programs, lectures, research, consulting and other services for companies realizing the circular economy.